Daley is the fourth high-profile coach to meet with New Zealand officials after David Kidwell was axed in February following last year’s World Cup quarter- finals exit.Daley confirmed on Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast he flew to New Zealand to discuss his own future this week after he was axed as NSW State of Origin mentor last year.”I did go across to NZ and speak to them about the NZ coaching position,” Daley said.”It was an informal discussion, just where I’m at and where they are at.”I’ve always said I would like to get back into coaching if it is the right circumstances.”The Kiwis next play in June’s Denver Test against England, meaning a new coach is likely to be announced in the next two months.Former Manly coach Geoff Toovey revealed earlier this month he’d also thrown his hat into the ring for the role, while Des Hasler has also reportedly meet with officials.Michael Maguire is another to be linked to the role, having taken on a position with the NRL’s referees ranks this year.But after having endured four series losses in five years as NSW coach, Daley said he had a desire to fill the role being offered on a part-time basis.”Most people were disappointed with how they performed at last year’s World Cup,” Daley said.”And for international football to be strong we need a strong England and a strong New Zealand to be challenging Australia.”The Warriors going well indicates New Zealand Rugby League will go well.”If Daley was to be awarded the job, it would pit him against former Canberra teammate Mal Meninga again after clashing as Origin coaches between 2013 and 2015.
Related posts:Costa Rica’s Solís denies secret agreement with unions on Monday’s strike Costa Rica’s month-long teachers’ strike comes to an end For Solís, next key issue is striking workers in essential public services President Solís lifts veto on Labor Procedures Bill, promises to ban strikes in essential public services Workers unions at the Costa Rican Electricity Institute (ICE) plan to go on a one-day strike on July 27 to protest against privatization and recent, perceived public insults.The strike and a demonstration on the capital’s streets were announced at a press conference Monday by Fabio Chaves, coordinator of the Internal Workers Front, a coalition of seven ICE unions, and Albino Vargas, the leader of Patria Justa, a collective of several public sector unions.The unions are protesting the “Electric Contingency Bill,” a plan under discussion in the Legislative Assembly that would allow increased participation of private electricity generators in the country’s energy market. Currently private generators supply some 17 percent of the country’s electricity needs.They’re also angry about the ₡2.2 billion ($4 million) fine issued by the Telecommunications Superintendency against ICE for unfair competition in its mobile services marketing strategies.Finally, ICE workers will march to show their rejection of what they call “Otto Guevara’s campaign” against them, referring to the Libertarian Movement Party lawmaker who last week denounced what he said were excessively high salaries paid to several ICE employees.The public protest will begin at 7 a.m. at ICE facilities in front of La Sabana park. At 10 a.m. demonstrators will begin marching to the Legislative Assembly in downtown San José.Chaves said they expect some 10,000 ICE employees to join the demonstration. He said it would have minimal affect on ICE customers, “mainly reduced staff in customer service and at some regional ICE branches,” he said.The street protest was originally scheduled for July 20, but union leaders decided to postpone it because of the national flooding emergency affecting several communities across the country in the past weeks, Chaves said. Facebook Comments